Salary: $50,000+ on Experience
This position provides the opportunity to contribute to growth in a rapidly expanding company. Reporting to the Laboratory Director, the Laboratory Chemist will be responsible for lab maintenance and product analyses. In addition, the Laboratory Chemist will assist the Director of Regulatory to maintain key quality systems. The Laboratory Chemist will ensure that quality control procedures are followed.
• Responsible for sample collection and laboratory analyses, along with the design and implementation of processing and analytical improvements and new products
• Works closely with LHSF Directors (Laboratory, Innovation, Regulatory, and Production) and all processing staff on research initiatives and quality control improvement measures
• Generation, interpretation, and management of analytical data
• Troubleshooting and maintenance of analytical instruments
• May assist in internal auditing (GMP, Sanitation, Safety and Quality Systems)
• Active member of the HACCP team
• Assist Director of Regulatory in managing pest control, safety, and sanitation programs including Master Sanitation schedule
• May help to Investigate customer complaints by determining root cause, and communicate corrective action to the customer (CAPA).
• Assist Director of Regulatory in Document/Change Control requests May assist in duties relating to the Hold and Release and Supplier Approval programs Requirements
• Knowledge of GPP/GMP (Good Production Practices/Good Manufacturing Practices) would be considered an asset
• Must be able to work independently and as a team
• Successful applicants will be asked to undergo a background check
• Must be able to pass HACCP course and obtain certification
• Experience with laboratory equipment
• Knowledge or the capability to learn and comply with Florida Department of Health Cannabis regulations
• Must have a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or Biochemistry
After 60 days on the first of the month.